The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Let technology re-introduce me to you.

Recently I attended a seminar where we were asked to stand
up and give a detailed introduction of ourselves, I mean
real detailed, personality, likes and dislikes, opinion
about life and politics, your phobias, your dreams and
aspirations, who inspires you and your achivements and goals
in life as well as your love and sex life.
It was fun to hear what others had to say but rather difficult
for me to talk about myself, so I stood up and said, "My name
is Eusebia and this exercise of talking about myself kind of gets
me into a knot; self-descriptions tend to be subjective,
an exercise in self-aggrandizement, perhaps. I so much prefer
that others describe me because that tends to be closer to the
truth. Modest me has no idea how I can list all my virtues without
seeming like I am blowing my own horn and I value my privacy so
much so I won't talk about my love and sex life as well as my
goals. So that leaves me with very few things to tell you about
myself which you are going to find out anyway in the next two
weeks we will be staying on this island together. So ladies and
gentlemen I am done with my speech." Some really liked my speech,
but some didn't like it, thought I was shutting myself up and
refusing to open up. Well, you can never please everybody.
Anyway recently I came across some online personality tests,
IQ tests and all sorts of tests that can do the job for me,
describe me for all you blog readers who want to know me better.
I took the tests and here are some of the results. If you click
on the question below the results of each of my tests you can
also take the test and get to know yourself better. I personally
was impressed by their accuracy.

You Are 1: The Reformer
You're a responsible person - with a clear sense of right and wrong.
High standards are important to you, and you do everything to meet them.

You are your own worst critic, feeling ashamed if you're not perfect.
You have uncompromising integrity, and people expect you to be fair.

At Your Best: You are hopeful, honest, and inspiring. You bring out the best in humanity.

At Your Worst: You are intolerant, judgmental, and picky.

Your Fixation: Resentment

Your Primary Fear: Being corrupt.

Your Primary Desire: To be good.

Other Number 1's: Al Gore, Martha Stewart, Gandhi, Celene Dion, and Spock from Star Trek.





Your Inner Color is Purple



Your Personality: You're a dreamer and visionary. You believe you were put on this earth to do something great.



You in Love: You're very passionate but often too busy for love. You need a partner who sees your vision and adopts it as their own.



Your Career: You need a job that helps you make a difference. You have a bright future as a guru, politician, teacher, or musician.






Your Heart Is Green



Love completes you, but that doesn't mean you seek it out.

When love comes your way, you integrate it peacefully into the rest of you life.



Your flirting style: Laid back



Your lucky first date: Walking around aimlessly and talking



Your dream lover: Is both enthusiastic and calm



What you bring to relationships: Balance






You Are An Introvert!



You're not necessarily anti-social, but you do tend to need a lot of alone time.

You tend to think before you talk, which doesn't make you the loudest person in the room.

While you aren't outgoing, you are a good listener - and you tend to be a loyal friend.

And you enjoy your friends as much as any extrovert does, in smaller doses.

You're more of a conversation over dinner type than a party animal... and so are all your friends.






Your Dominant Intelligence is Logical-Mathematical Intelligence



You are great at finding patterns and relationships between things.

Always curious about how things work, you love to set up experiments.

You need for the world to make sense - and are good at making sense of it.

You have a head for numbers and math ... and you can solve almost any logic puzzle.



You would make a great scientist, engineer, computer programmer, researcher, accountant, or mathematician.






You Are 87% Tortured Genius



You totally fit the profile of a tortured genius. You're uniquely brilliant - and completely misunderstood.

Not like you really want anyone to understand you anyway. You're pretty happy being an island.






Your Fashion Style is Classic



You like what's stood the test of time...

Simple, well styled clothes that don't scream trendy

You stay updated and modern, but your clothes stay in style for a while

You wouldn't be caught in animal prints, fake fur, or super bright colors






Your Mind is Yellow



Of all the mind types, yours is the most intellectual.

You crave mental stimulation, and your thoughts tend to very complex.

Your thoughts tend to be innovative and cutting edge, though many people don't understand them.



You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about science, architecture, and communication.






Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading



You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.

You understand people better than they would like to be understood.

Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.

You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!



Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done



Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now






You Are Ready, Willing, and Able to Commit



You are not scared of commitment in the least.

In fact, there's a good chance that you're already committed to someone you love.



You are willing to give up a little freedom for relationship stability.

And once you're in a relationship, you'll do almost anything to make things work.






The Keys to Your Life



Anything good in your life comes from your ability to play and be free.



The best way for you to solve a problem is to let go of it.



Anything bad in your life comes from other people trying to bring you down.



Others often see you as a threat, and there are some people who are jealous of all your strengths.

3 comments:

  1. I know you Seby and those tests are so damn accurate. Have taken them myself and am in awe at how they revealed the person I am so perfectly.
    I am sure there were many others on the island who were not comfortable with talking about themselves but still did because it was what was expected of them by the leaders at the seminar. But knowing you Seby you would never do anything you don't want to do, prefer to write your own script, instead of going with the flow. Had I been at the island I probably would have been comfortable talking about my opinion about life and politics as well as my phobia only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some people who would have loved being given a chance to talk about themselves and they would have rambled on about how good they are (most of it lies) and when they finish giving the speech you would be left thinking that they are God's greatest gift to humanity if not the missing angel. Never believe what people say about themselves, find out for yourself who they are by interacting with them, don't even rely on what other people say about that person because most people want to bring others down.
    Anyway Seby after reading the results of your tests I found myself saying, "Thatis Seby alright." Took the tests as well and not only are they accurate, they are also very entertaining. Spend the whole evening after watching Generations doing them and could have continued until very late into the night had TGJ not blackmailed me to join him in bed immediately or else he would withdraw his nightly amorous activities with me for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Agnes those tests are indeed very entertaining, spent my whole lunch time doing them and right now, it's a Friday after business hours and I have just come back from work and am doing them again. I like the fact that everytime a result of one of the tests comes to my screen its accuracy takes me by surprise. Thumbs up to the psychologists who wrote the questions, I , personally think they are brilliant. Thanks Seby for putting links on your article for us to take the tests as well.
    Seby when I read your results I chuckled when they said, "You can defend what you believe in calmly and rationally. You stand your ground and gain respect," because that is exactly what you did in your speech in which you were actually refusing to tell the group at the island about yourself. Actually it is that element of your character that makes you so exciting, you don't follow leaders blindly like a puppy, they have got to state clearly and logically their vision and ideas as well as their reasons
    for wanting you to do something and convince you if they want you to follow them. Oh yes those results describe you alright.

    ReplyDelete