The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Random thoughts to inspire and motivate

Aspire to be inspired so that you reach greatness
Acoomplisment, the old saying has it, is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Yet without the 1%, the voice telling us it might be done if only we would believe in it, the 99% would never happen. It is only when we are inspired that we attempt to turn what we thought was impossible to be possible. Once we begin the attempt, solutions occur to us as if out of the blue. Ideas crop up faster than spring flowers, some of them dying as fast as they grow, others bearing fruit and before we know it we have achieved what we thought was impossible and all thanks to inspiration.


Risk taking
Timidity or fear stops us from taking risks but what we don't know is that taking risks can allay our fear.

When I am confronted with a situation in which I am afraid to take a risk, I imagine myself as a ball of wool, all tangled, rolled tightly haphazardly on myself. If only I could untangle this wool, I could weave a whole new jersey. Yet how am I going to untangle the wool when I fear that pulling one strand will unravel the whole into a hopeless mess. The first small risk is straightening out a small length of the wool. The more risks I take, the more untangled wool I have got. By the time we get into the habit of taking risks we will have a lot of wool to work with and timidity and fear would have run out of the window.


Obstacles in our path
Scarcely had our heroine scaled the mountain when she discovered that she was not at the top at all. The mountain magically seemed to grow higher as she climbed. We have all had obstacles in our lives that seemed to grow just as we thought we might surmount them. And haven't we all persisted in climbing without map or compass, sure that the top is just a step ahead.
To continue to try to overcome our obstacles, whatever they are, through sheer willpower using the same method that seems not to be working is stupid. Yet our stubbornness often prevails, mocking any urge to sit still where we are and admit that this method is not working and then think of a different solution. Obstacles in our path are usually an indication that we need to change the route so when you meet obstacles it is smart to stop and plot an alternate route.

No comments:

Post a Comment