The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Solitude is an antidote for loneliness




The advice I get when I tell friends that I am feeling lonely,
feeling blue, or feeling down is that I should go out to places of
entertainment , visit friends, or take on projects. This  advice when 
followed has never managed to lessen the loneliness. What I have
found  helpful in lessening  loneliness is spenting the lonely time
exploring my own heart, mind & soul through meditating,
daydreaming, solitary walks, and getting time to ponder about 
my life.  When I feel lonely, I use that lonely time in quiet,
to reflect, to rejuvenate myself and to write my thoughts on this 
blog.  My loneliness leads me from the despair of being alone to the 
solitude of being able to spend time with myself, bonding with
my inner self.

Whatever those unacquainted with it may think, solitude and utter 
loneliness are far from being devoid of charm. Words can not convey 
the almost  voluptuous  sweetness of the feelings experienced when
mind and senses develop their sensibility in solitude through continual
observations and reflections. In trying to use solitude as an antidote to
loneliness I got time to connect with myself and it made me realise that 
for me to have peace and happiness in my life first and foremost I need
to have Dumi my soulmate, my love, by my side and secondly  I would
need to stand for my vision. I believe that the only way I can succeed in 
advocating peace, love and happiness for the whole world, which is my 
vision, is if I start by ensuring that I experience the peace, love and 
happiness within my own life, before trying to extend it to the world at
large.




  

2 comments: