The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

What is my story today?

 

To suffer in silence, figuratively if not literally to starve, has
too often been considered a womanly virtue. We all know
women about whom it has been said, "She's a saint. She
suffered so much and never complained." No doubt she is
and she did.

I don't want to suffer in silence? I don't want my life forgotten
by everyone-including myself? I want to take  charge, claim the
power of saying that I am who I am? Through this blog I am going
to tell the world my thoughts, my vision, my actions, my life.

Once there was a woman, who didn't speak. She said nothing about
her needs, her wants, her aspirations. She never complained, she
never praised. She never nagged, she never asked. She was silent
for so long that one day she realised that she couldn't hear her own
feelings. She not only didn't say how her day was, she didn't know
how her day was. She tried to speak to herself but after being quiet
about her feelings for so long she didn't know how to connect to 
her innerself. 

Speaking out to ourselves is good not only for us but for our
relationship. It's a cinch that silence never preserved a
relationship worth having. The climax of silence always comes,
the time when we need to speak up for ourselves and to 
ourselves. If we don't we lose ourselves to silence. When you
end the silence you discover that during the silence you lost
the chance to be understood, lost the chance to define to others
the person you are and lost the chance to have your vision heard.
The good news is that you can still recreate those chances by
stopping the silence and speaking up for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment