The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Everything is possible to him who believes.



I am a bookworm, an avid reader, a web surfer, a researcher,
I just love acquiring knowledge but the last two days after I
came back from our shopping trip I didn't touch my laptop or
 touch any book, didn't go to work, just treated myself to bubble
baths, watching movies on TV and helping my little daughter do
her homework. It was so refreshing. One thing I just could not
stop doing was to think about issues in life and of course my love
Dumi.

I thought about how we Zimbos have mastered the blaming game,
against a backdrop of doom, despair and defeatism caused by the
economic situation in our country. We blame just about anyone else
except ourselves. Just look around you, have any of our problems 
vanished as a result of our expertise at blaming. When you blame
you actually transfer the responsibility of resolving your challenges
to someone else. By completely absolving yourself from the matter
you are abdicating responsibility. That is why blaming is so 
disempowering.

What really hurts is that it doesn't have to be this way. We have the
brains, the capacity, the means & the resources to turn the tables.
All that we are missing is either the sight or the successful 
implementation of our good ideas. We can make this place economically
sound if we have a strong unshakeable belief in our capabilities as
individuals and as a nation. This is the kind of empowering ourselves
that Bob Marley sang, "None but ourselves can free our minds" and
Mahtma Gandi put it as, "Be the change that you want to see in the
world" but most awesome of all is the qoutation from the bible which
says, "Everything is possible to him who believes." We can cause a
paradigm shift in the situation in this country if we believe in
ourselves and our capabilities.

Have you ever thought of sitting down and pondering at what future
generations  will inherit from our era- poverty, corruption, nepotism,
the black market, profiteering outside the laws of economics and 
commerce, infrastructural  and institutional decay, xenophobia, greed,
 the art of blaming and lies and more lies.
I pondered about it and it inspired me to write this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment