The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Who do you think you are?


Ever done something that made someone say, "Who do you think you
are?" I am always doing things like that and so am always being asked that question. My answer is always short and precise, "I am me."
Little do the people who ask me that question know that, that type of question
has absolutely no effect on me. Some of us were lucky enough to get
a sense of security, worth and confidence in childhood. We knew we
were somebody not because we could read faster, jump higher or above
average in intelligence but just by being us. My parents gave us a
fantastic sense of security and worth. By the time the bigots got around
to telling us we were nobody, we already knew we were somebody, God's great invention for a unique purpose on this planet earth.

Other people have to learn the hard way that they are who they are and
who they are is somebody. They have had to give themselves the sense of
security.  While others have never experienced the feeling of being
somebody, of having the confidence and conviction that they are okay as
they are.

The confidence that I have comes from the self-approving voice inside me.
My self-approving voice isn't impressed by thundering applause. I don't
need to do every laudable thing I ever thought of or possess every positive
trait I aspire to in order to hear it.  Even if my fiancee says I am great, my dad
says I am great, my friends say I am great, my kids say I am great and my
workmates who are not jealousy say I am great, I won't feel great if I don't
hear the self-approving voice inside me which comes from appreciating myself
as I am. All I am trying to say is that we are the only ones who can give 
ourselves a sense of worth, security and confidence in ourselves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment