The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Friends like these make the world worth living.

On finding out that I was hurting & on the verge of breaking up with Dumi, my friends Chipo, Agnes, Clemencia , Babra & Monika, (who normally comment on this blog but are not doing so these days because they want to do so over the Christmas holiday when they are relaxed at home and using my blog as a source of entertainment) teamed up through communication technologies and came up with a, "sorry you broke up" card, (even though we hadn't broken up yet, it was their way of urging me to break-up with him ) on which they wrote some very beautiful words that touched my soul. They knew that behind the bravado facade my heart was hurting. These are the kind of sweet words that I can't help but share with you readers of this blog.






AGNES WROTE,
Just because God is still preparing your King doesn't mean that you aren't already a Queen.
Just because no man has shown up who can love you on your level doesn't mean that you have to stoop to their level.







CHIPO WROTE,
Just because most men feel threatened by your above average intelligence and the high standards you set for yourself doesn't mean that you have to pretend to be mediocre-minded and lower your standards.
Just because no man has been smart enough to realize the true love that you are capable of giving and receiving doesn't mean that you are not worthy to be loved.





CLEMENCIA WROTE,
Just because you haven't been fortunate enough to meet your Mr Right yet doesn't mean that your Mr Right is dead, he is out there somewhere and the two of you will eventually meet.
Just because Dumi cheated on you with Dudu doesn't mean the next man who comes into your life will do the same.






BABRA WROTE,
Just because you are alone & lonely now doesn't mean that you will remain alone & lonely forever and die a lonely old maiden.
Just because God hasn't shown you your soulmate yet doesn't mean that he won't show you your soulmate in your lifetime.






MONIKA WROTE,
You are always in my heart and in my thoughts and in my prayers. Sorry to read, that you are on your own again. Welcome to the club! I wish there was nobody joining.






When I read those words I felt choked up, overwhelmed with how my friends always rally around me in my time of greatest need. Just when I thought I was alone once again in this world, my friends showed up to declare their love for me and their support. Dealing with the loss of a relationship, even if it ends by your own choosing, is never easy. There are feelings of anger, sorrow and blame to sort out, as well as new choices and a new relationship to face without letting it be affected by past wounds, past baggage. These friends of mine have been my daily companions, helping me ease the difficult period from having a relationship with someone to being out of the relationship & feeling alone. (even though Dumi still swore that he loved me with words though his actions said otherwise) From coping with the pain of being cheated on, to discovering new ways to love and nurture myself, from tackling feelings of despair and confusion to learning to enjoy the present moment.






With friends like these, it is no wonder that I feel so appreciated, loved and happy
to be in this world even amid the rubble that Zimbabwe has become. I love my friends Agnes, Chipo, Clemencia, Babra & Monika for being there for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment