The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Monday, February 2, 2009

I was in a tunnel and couldn't see the light.

I think music is the best thing that ever happened to humans and during special moments in my life like this dawn of a new era in Zimbabwe or the hint of marriage by someone you love, (uttered days back but which has monopolised my thoughts for days) there is this one song which kept creeping into my mind as my brain celebrated in synch with the overwhelming feelings of joy that I was feeling. The song is by R. Kelly and is entitled, "The storm is over now." I have attached a widget which has the lyrics of that song.



So who said you can't mix serious politics stuff with soft personal stuff about love.? Just watch me do it, how can I not when in my mind this song touches both the politics in Zimbabwe and my personal life. Such is the complexity of life.


I was in a tunnel called Zimbabwe, and I couldn't see the light, I was beginning to loose hope of things ever being normal again in Zimbabwe. And whenever I'd look up, I couldn't see the sky, there just seemed to be no positive end in sight. Sometimes when I was standing, it would seem like I had walked for miles, was tired because in my mind I had walked miles trying to think of ways to make ends meet in an economy that had gone haywire. And my heart could be cryin', dead in the middle of a smile, keeping up appearances in front of others yet deep inside my heart, I would be crying about my empty pantry which I couldn't replenish or about my child who was being denied her right to education or about my fellow Zimbabwean dying of cholera or hunger. But then they climbed the hills, and saw the mountains, the three GNU parties climbed hills to set aside their political differences and negotiate for a coalition government and in so doing the hill became a mountain, in trying to come to an agreement they came across one obstacle after another, one impassee after another. They hollered help to SADC cause they kept getting lost in differences in the euitable power-sharing technicalities. Then on Friday the 30th of January 2009, I felt the strong wind, and heard a voice saying, the storm is over, the voice of Tsvangirai addressing his supporters that he has finally agreed to form an inclusive government with Mugabe and Mutambara. The crowd responded in jubilation as he spoke and I am sure in each of their minds this chorus of R. Kelly's song kept playing in their minds, "The storm is over now, and I can see the sunshine, Somewhere beyond the clouds, I feel Heaven, yeah, Heaven is over me, Come on and set me free, whoa"




Now in the midst of my battle, my life, all hope was gone, my ex-husband had taken vows to love me until death do us part but when his meaning of love turned out to be incorporated with violent abuse I had to break the marriage or else I would have remained a victim for the rest of my life. Then years later I thought my search for happiness had come to an end when I met someone online and like the blogger I am I actually wrote about it, (the article entitled, "The pursuit of happiness" the very first article that I wrote on this blog) but he hurt me with unfaithfulness and made me loose hope of ever tying the knot again. Downtown in a rush crowd, I felt all alone, and every now and then, I felt like I would lose my mind, I've been racing for years, in search of peace, love and happiness and still no finish line, oh, love was proving to be elusive to me.
But then I climbed the hills, I prayed to God for a peace, love and happiness breakthrough, and saw the mountains, (Mountains) the path that leads to peace, love & happiness is not an easy one, I hollered help cause I was lost in hurt, then I felt the strong wind, and then a man's voice saying on realtime internet chat, " The storm is over, (The storm is over now), and I can see the sunshine, somewhere beyond the clouds, I can feel Heaven, yeah, (Heaven is over me) Come on and set me free, come over here and set me free. Somehow my beginning stepped right in (Right in), then he became my friend (My friend), and now I can depend on his voice , when it's saying (Saying), "The storm is over, (The storm is over now), and I can see the sunshine, (Somewhere beyond the clouds), I can feel Heaven, yeah, (Heaven is over me). Won't you come and set me free, won't you set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment