The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Reminder: Valentine's day, 14 February.


February 14 is a day of strategic romantic importance to millions of people around the world. The emotion laden annual celebration of love is perfect for people in love because it dedicates a whole day for them to show each other love not only with words but also with actions that are unlike the normal everyday shows of love. It is the best day in the whole year for the incurable and hopeless romantics because it is the day that romanticism is celebrated, the day when love is beautifully wrapped up and boxed and then handed over to a loved one. Yes, it is a day that love becomes tangible in the form of love presents bought and sold. Cherished memories are created on this day and for those romantics like me who have an eye that can see love where others can't, it is so entertaining to take a walk around town or your neighbourhood because you will actually see red hearts and kisses flying all over the place. Some fly right into a place they properly fit and are accepted but some fly where they don't properly fit and as a result are shattered into pieces. Oh, yes on this day not all people are showered with love although everyone wishes to be showered with love.
Love is indeed the best thing that ever happened to humans, it is the one thing that is universal and not selective, it happens to each and everyone of us, rich or poor, young or old, black or white, educated or uneducated, wise or foolish, we all experience love at one time or other. And when we do, we move house to a world of our own situated at the top of the universe where we fly to without wings. Artists have tried explaining how love feels but words somehow fall short, they are inadequate to explain such an intense emotion as love. It can only be felt and shown by actions and Valentine's day gives you the chance to do that in special ways that you can't do everyday. Grab the chance to show your love in a romantic way this Valentine's day.



I happen to be a hopeless romantic and would have loved to make this day romantically memorable but unfortunately I am alone in this world full of people and all I can do is build castles in the air. Will have to make do with imagining how I would have wanted it to be, had we been together. Let me share with you how I would have wanted my Valentine's day to be like, knowing me and how I abhor mediocrity it would be something out of this world.
The day would start with a Valentine breakfast in bed. Breakfast in bed is the kind of pampering that I appreciate and I think it is a classically romantic thing to do for your love. I would make it an extra-special event by adding some unique Valentine sweetness to it. On the beautifully decorated breakfast tray I would place a lovely heart-shaped box wrapped up with Valentine's paper and fill it with 5 heart-shaped balloons, so when he opens the box the balloons would rise and give him his first clue, the clue would read, "This is a Pleasure Hunt. Follow the hearts, and if you play your cards right you’ll end the day feeling nothing but pleasure." The first card would lead him to a local spa where I would treat him to an hour-long massage and an early lunch. When his lunch at the spa is served, he would be given his next clue and a gift card. The clue would lead him to a local CD & DVD store where a romantic CD & DVD will be handed to him by the shopkeeper together with his next clue, which he would be told to look for in his glove compartment. There he would find a love poem and a love letter from me declaring my love for him as well as his next clue, which would be telling him to call me (so I would know when he would be on his way) and to bring the CD and DVD to the front desk of a quiet & secluded, state of the art hotel like Pandari Lodge. When he gets to the front desk, he would be given a package from me with another clue. In the package would be a key to a room in the hotel with a little tag on it that simply says "I’m waiting". When he walks into the room, he will find candles, rose petals, whipped cream, grapes, strawberries, champagne, cream cheese dip, a heart shaped tub, and me in sexy lingerie, all waiting for him. I would then give him his attire for the evening - silk boxers and a matching blindfold. The night would definately be amazing for both of us and will nurture and grow our love. This is an unfinished romantic story that can only be finished when the co-starring jets in. When?

That is just romantic me wishing that I could spent Valentine's day with the man who loves me and whom I love, the reality of how that day will be like as I spent it alone and feeling as lonely as ever would be too dull for me to write about but being the honest blogger that I am I will write about it anyway. In the mean time I wish you readers happy successful shopping as you look for Valentine's gifts for your loved ones. I hope you will come up with memorable romantic ideas to pamper your loved ones with on this day and on the Valentine's day you will be made to feel special and genuinely loved and will also make the one who loves you feel special and genuinely loved. Make it a very special day to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Enjoy reading it. You really have a loving heart and that explains why you can describe love as what it is.

    ReplyDelete