The true value of life

The true value of life is not found in riches or fame, it is found in the simple finer things in life like, love, peace & happiness.
When I was younger, I thought I had to do or be involved with something really big to make a difference and spread peace, love & happiness. Now I believe that I have the ability to create all that every day with every person I come in contact with. I believe the little things matter just as much as the big ones. Rather than feeling like a victim of policies and politicians, I choose to remain an active positive force in helping to heal the world. You and I can heal the world.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Love is in the air.








The atmosphere is pregnant with love, I can see it, hear it and sense it everywhere I go. I see people shopping for Valentine's gifts, I hear people making plans about Valentine's day surprises, I sense it in that secret smile on someone's face, that bounce in someone's step and that dreamy, sexy look in someone's eyes. But what exactly is this powerful emotion called love? Over the years many people have tried to express it in words and I want to share with you how they described it.

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." -Sophocles

To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia." - H.L. Mencken

"Loves makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." - Zora Neale Hurston

"Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." - Mark Twain

"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." - Karen Sunde

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." - Erich Fromm

"In the final analysis, love is the only reflection of man's worth." - Bill Wundram, Iowa Quad Cities Times

"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

"When the one man loves the one woman and the one woman loves the one man, the very angels desert heaven and come and sit in the house and sing for joy." - Brahma Sutra

"The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention." - Richard Warren

"We never know we are beings till we love. And then it is we know the powers and potentialities of human existence.
- Jean Toomer

"The mind determines what is possible. The heart through love surpasses it.'' - Pilar Colinta

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

2 comments:

  1. IT'S REALLY AMIZING AND I ALSO BELIVE IN IT IN MY LIFE NOTHING IS IMPORTANT THAN LOVE.
    I LOVE EVERYONE RELATED TO MY LIFE THAT'S WHY I BELIVE IN FORGIVING WHO HURT ME LITTLE OR MUCH.
    ANKIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT'S REALLY AMAIZING I LIKE IT TOO MUCH I ALSO BELIVE IN LOVE THROUGH IT WE CAN IMPRESS(SMILE)
    ANY ONE.AND I LOVE EVERYONE RELATED TO MY LIFE SO I FORGIVE THEM FOR THEIR SMALL OR BIG MISTAKS.

    ReplyDelete